Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 Operation Deeper Faith Challenge


You can find out more about this challenge here (http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com/2013/11/2014-operation-deepen-faith.html). I have made notes in bold next to the parts of the challenge I wish to participate in this year. 

1) This challenge has multiple parts. (You wouldn't have to sign up for each part. But. Ideally participants would be interested in doing more than just one.) The challenge is from January 2014 through December.

I. Wonderful Words of Life. Goal: Read the Bible using a Bible Plan... I plan to read through the Bible this year using "Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year" by Diane Stortz.

II. How Firm A Foundation. Goal: STUDY one book of the Bible throughout the year... I would like to read the book of Daniel, at least monthly, and I hope to read a commentary on the book too. 

III. Deep and Wide; Goal: read multiple books of the bible in multiple translations...


IV.  Meditate or Memorize. Note the OR! Not everyone is comfortable committing to memorize Scripture. (I'm one of them!) Goal: Choose about a verse a week--or a verse every other week--to remember... I am terrible at committing scripture to memory, but I know I need to work on  hiding God's word in my heart. I hope to accomplish this goal by completing a Scipture/Art journal combo, and memorizing the verses contained therein.

V. Taste and See. Perhaps you're new to reading the Bible, not quite sure where to start, a bit intimidated... Goal: read one gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John), read one NT epistle (Romans-Revelation). And consider reading one book from the Old Testament, I suggest Genesis OR Psalms. Of course, you could choose any OT book. 

VI. Christian Nonfiction. Don't be afraid to give it a try. Read some theology. You choose the number of books to aim for. A beginner might not feel comfortable committing to more than one book. And that's fine. I want to challenge you to start somewhere. This challenge is for everyone. Not just for people who want to commit to reading twenty!  I hope to read at least two non-fiction Christian works. I am still mulling over what I want to read, and I will update this post when I make my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment